Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent Review
If you are thinking of camping, mountain climbing, or backpacking, then definitely you need to have a tent that is worth every single coin spent. Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum is definitely a better choice, not only because of the high quality material used to make it, but also the high functionality rate it offers to users. It goes without saying that the tent includes features that will always make your stay as comfortable as possible. Furthermore, with this tent, you enjoy high utility value whenever you are venturing out in the wild. It is no surprise that I choose this type the first time I went camping with my friend, and the best thing is that I wasn’t disappointed in the long run.
What features does the tent offer?
It is important for you to understand the finer details of any tent prior to spending your hard-earned money. Importantly, know the pros and cons of any tent, and why it is a top-choice or has been overlooked by many campers. To begin with, this lightweight tent utilizes the latest of fabric and pole technology, of which guarantees high quality and longevity. Actually, this is one of the reasons why I chose this tent in the first place.
You wouldn’t like to have a tent that gets torn quickly and cannot withstand extreme weather. Apart from the technology incorporated in the manufacturing process, the Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum makes preparation for any particular camping venture a walk in the park. It doesn’t matter what nature will throw at you, for at least you’re sure you will withstand the weather related issues.
Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent
1 lb 9 oz
28 sq ft
7 q ft
Fast Fly Weight
1 lb 3 oz
5 x 19 in
lime / silver
Specifics of the tent
There are quite a number of features that make this tent stand head and shoulder high; and of course, its free-standing nature is a plus for those persons who have little, or no knowledge on how to select a tent. These include, but not limited to:
- Taped seams, this is something that will definitely prevent water damage. The water-proof nature makes it an ideal choice for persons who are out camping in the wild where the weather is quite unpredictable. The solvent free polyurethane tape is something that ensures that no water enters the tent whatsoever!
- The single door is a plus for campers who do not need complex tents, whereas the ultra light tent body makes ventilation easier. The polyester mesh ensures that you do not only breathe fresh air while in the tent but also get the best possible for excellent night life visibility.
- The floor is ultra-light silicone and comes with a 1200mm coating that prevents water from infiltrating the tent while out there camping.
- The high quality aluminum poles guarantees safety, easy to erect procedures, and durability of the tent. Ever since I bought this tent, I can affirm to the fact that I have often used it in the worst of weather conditions. Surprisingly, there is little damage to the tent. In other words, with good maintenance you can use this tent as long as you still need it.
- The gear loft loops makes storage a breeze, and there is no time you will be troubled when it comes to storing your camping essentials. Overall, the tent is great for camping in any type of weather. If you are going up the mountain, it is highly recommended that you get this one for yourself.
Why this tent is for you too?
I liked this tent because it could cater for me and my friend’s needs, without compromising on the overall utility value. The best thing is that manufactures have been updating the tent to make it more versatile for couples. In this case, if you are out camping with your partner, then definitely this one is a better choice. You will never have to worry about cold nights, nor something weird happening to your loved one in the next tent. As far as water proofing is concerned, Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum is a better choice. I remember on our second day of camping, the weather got so furious that we thought we’ll soak in the rain but this never happened.
It is equally important for you to know that with the tent, you can poke holes in your wallet not spend a fortune just to be comfortable out there. It is quite affordable and this is the reason you are advised to go for it if you are operating on a shoestring budget. Furthermore, with this tent, it was pretty easy to carry around and never got extremely tired up to the time we reached our destination. The Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum is ideal for first-time campers who desire to explore the mysteries of nature- a must buy for those who love backpacking, too.