Hi-Tec Men's Altitude Lite I WP Hiking Boot Review
- Shaft measures approximately 5" from arch
- Ankle-high hiking boot with suede and mesh upper featuring i-Shield waterproof construction
- Multi-directional traction MDT rubber outsole
- Leather and Fabric
- Synthetic sole
- Heel measures approximately 1.5"
- Lace front
- OrthoLite impressions insole
- Lightweight, good for packing-light
- Very good waterproof characteristic
- Comfort via mid-sole cushion
- Provides very good protection to your feet against hard surfaces due to multidirectional traction feature
- Worked well in cold temperatures ~7 deg C
- Easy to tie & untie front laces due to shoe lace hooks
- You need to wear longer socks due to High Cut type
- It’s basically a lightweight boot, if you don’t like the boot notion of it.
- Not for running, if you would prefer versatility of that sort.
Thanks to Hi-Tec, our Mt. Kinabalu hike has aided us with this very good quality shoes.
Overall comfort is very satisfactory. The feel of protection from hard surfaces made our climb to Mt. Kinabalu somewhat less arduous. I had the mistake of bringing along short socks due to misjudging it’s type to mid-cut, so now I know to better bring longer pair of socks next time.
Unlike other hiking shoes I tried with other brands, this one fits my feet very well, in terms of space inside, it is not restrictive and the inner shoe walls provide adequate softness. I usually prefer shoes which are not too narrow and it’s hard to find a shoe with the perfect wideness.
I cannot really say anything about if these pair can be good for winter hikes as we are yet to have that opportunity in the future, when budget and resources permit. But I don’t suggest this shoe for hot climbs as it may make the feet really hot due to all those covering and padding provided.
This shoe provided good traction on hiking over wet or slippery rocky areas, which I usually find bad on the other shoes I used. It really provided protection to your ankles on awkward angle movements.
So for me, this pair of shoes is highly recommended.
Hi-Tec Official Website: http://www.hi-tec.com/
Hi-Tec Philippines Facebook Page: Hi-Tec PH